Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Final Reflective Post



                    
                                                       photo credited to Kathy Cassidy Flickr








This semester in the class EME2040 Introduction to Technology for educators I did many

assignments that made my learning with technology expand. When I first started this class reading

the syllabus just scared me. There was assignments that said blogs, wiki, portfolio, and web quest. I

was like wow I never heard of these technology sources before. As we started the class and I saw

what a blog was I was like wow I never thought it will be fun to write and use web.20 tools too. It

took me some times to get use to those tools. I am glad I was able to learn them because I will be

using those in my lesson plans when I become a teacher. Wiki was something I never heard of before.

It was fun to learn about it and to do many assignments on it. It was very easy to use the wiki when

we had to do are teacher portfolio because it was all there. A web quest was interesting I never had

created a lesson plan through the internet like that. When you know how to use these technology

resources it can make your lesson plans so much fun. My favorite assignment was creating the

portfolio. I really enjoyed learning how to create a home webpage for my class. That is something I

will definitely use in the future. I never thought technology was so important in a classroom before.

The only thing I would've liked different in this class was learning how to use the actual technology

resources in the classroom such as smart boards, projectors. Other than that this class made me see

how fun and how engaging it can be for the students. It made me think about many ways to think out

of the box as a teacher.



Reference
Maloy, R. (2011). Transforming learning with new technologies. Boston: Pearson/Allyn and Bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment